Healthy living starts with quality drinking water. Scientific studies show that adult should drink 2 Liters of water every day – not including any soft drinks, juices, tea or coffee. Lack of water can lead to dehydration, a condition that occurs when you don’t have enough water in your body to carry on normal functions. Dehydration poses a particular health risk for the very young and the very old.
These are some of the findings from USA studies about water;
- 75 % of the people are chronically dehydrated.
- One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters.
- Lack of water is the No.1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic mathematics, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or a printed page.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45. It can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and reduce the risk of developing bladder cancer by 50%.
- 80% of diseases are due to bad drinking water.The studies also show that Water brings benefits such as;
- Provides oxygen and nutrients to different part of the body.
- Flushes out toxins in our body.
- Strengthens our immune system
- Better digestion, less constipation
- Smoother skin
- Better sleep